The Pulse of Youth Soccer in Washington State

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Washington Cup  (Read 2792 times)

peteyboy

• WPS Select Poster
  • Joined 29/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Washington Cup
« on: April 18, 2015, 07:04:55 PM »

Does anyone know who won the G96 game today between Tynecastle and Highline Premier?  For whatever reason the PSPL website doesn't seem to want anyone to know?

metz123

• WPS Premier Poster
  • Joined 29/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Washington Cup
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 10:12:29 AM »

Did the Washington Cup change format this year? Didn't it just span 2 weekends last year in late April and early May (1 for qualifying and 1 for finals).

dkbrandi87

• WPS Select Poster
  • Joined 09/02/2016
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »

Did the Washington Cup change format this year? Didn't it just span 2 weekends last year in late April and early May (1 for qualifying and 1 for finals).

I knew the high school aged boys played at a different time (earlier) than the rest due to high school soccer.  I didn't know the high school aged girls did though.  I thought they played those same weekends you mentioned.

metz123

• WPS Premier Poster
  • Joined 29/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 03:19:07 PM »

The web site now shows this for HS boys

Group Stage Cup Dates:
?1/29, 2/4, 2/5, 2/11, 2/12,
Championship finals: 2/24-2/26

and this for HS girls

Group Stage Dates:
?Feb 18, Mar 11, Apr 9
Championship finals: Apr 28-Apr 30.

Nothing for U10 - U14.

I was looking for an alternative to WYS state cups for some GHS teams because of the conflicts with spring breaks across multiple schools every spring. Washington Cup was an attractive alternative until they went with this schedule for GHS.

dkbrandi87

• WPS Select Poster
  • Joined 09/02/2016
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »

Good Morning All,

I wanted to touch base and see if any of you have girls playing in PSPL this spring and, if so, did their team elect to participate in Washington Cup?

My daughter's team is registered for WSPL 2, with league matches starting next week.  They also elected to play in Washington Cup, with the format outlined to be: 1 home game, 1 away game and 1 "neutral site" game (at SOZO Sports Complex on 04/01/17). 

Ultimately, I'm here to ask if your daughter's teams were given the schedule outlined above for WA Cup.  I ask because I know of two teams who were not given home games . . . they were schedule 2 away games and the neutral site game . . .

NCARebels

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 15/07/2016
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Club Home Page
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 07:33:51 AM »

Yes- we have a u15 girls team that is playing in the classic 1 division and state cup.

We were scheduled 2 home and 1 away. The reason for not playing at the neutral site is because our last league game was against a team that was not playing in the state cup.

dkbrandi87

• WPS Select Poster
  • Joined 09/02/2016
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 09:37:49 AM »

I guess for every one of the cases I mentioned, there must be one like yours.

I was curious so I looked at our brackets today.  In the Gold Division, Bracket A has (3) teams from Spokane and (1) from Wenatchee.  Bracket B has (3) teams from the Seattle area and (1; our team) from North Idaho . . .  :-[

All for One

• WPS Premier Poster
  • Joined 30/03/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 10:10:55 AM »

I was curious so I looked at our brackets today.  In the Gold Division, Bracket A has (3) teams from Spokane and (1) from Wenatchee.  Bracket B has (3) teams from the Seattle area and (1; our team) from North Idaho . . .  :-[

You guys are in Timbers country. Shouldn't you enter the Timbers State Cup? :)

dkbrandi87

• WPS Select Poster
  • Joined 09/02/2016
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »

Touche.  Both of my kids' teams will be playing in Idaho State Cup as well . . . Now if we could just register for an Oregon-based league and do Oregon State Cup . . .

All for One

• WPS Premier Poster
  • Joined 30/03/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »

Touche.  Both of my kids' teams will be playing in Idaho State Cup as well . . . Now if we could just register for an Oregon-based league and do Oregon State Cup . . .

There are lots of Washington teams in the Oregon league. Why not a few Idaho teams as well? :)

dkbrandi87

• WPS Select Poster
  • Joined 09/02/2016
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 10:29:23 AM »

There are lots of Washington teams in the Oregon league. Why not a few Idaho teams as well? :)

I imagine most of those teams are much nearer to Oregon than we are.  We travel ~30 minutes (driving) to most Spokane matches.  It's 3 hours to Tri-Cities, 4 hours to Yakima and 5 hours to Seattle.  Portland is ~6 hours for us . . .

And Boise (where Idaho State Cup is held) is ~8 hours (or a little over an hour by plane).  What I'm getting at is that we have probably 10-15 teams within 30 minutes, with 9-14 of them being in Washington, haha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up