The Pulse of Youth Soccer in Washington State

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Currently:
  • New(s) in the Tri-Cities 5 1
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New(s) in the Tri-Cities  (Read 1176 times)

EWSoccer64

• WPS-Hall of Fame Poster
  • Joined 07/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
New(s) in the Tri-Cities
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:54:36 PM »

Down in the Tri-Cities, a new club stepped onto the stage with their first tryout.    The Tri-Cities Youth Soccer Association formed a Girls 2006 team today, with a very few play ups on it.    A good young coach, whose calm demeanor belies her enthusiastic spirit, was named to head the team.   
The new club has an A license DoC with previous experience in coaching both college (Gonzaga Women) and in being a DoC elsewhere.   
Tri-Cities FC is a low cost, select level club that will be offering goalkeeper training (no cost to players or teams) in addition to every thing else.  Already many of the experienced coaches in the community have stepped up to lend assistance or become Head Coaches.    There is also an active program to bring in former college and HS players as assistants (initially) to train them up to become licensed head coaches in their own right.

Turnout was lighter than expected at try-outs for the Tri-Cities FC.   It turns out that a "rival" club spread the rumor that the Tri-Cities FC, the official select club of the T-CYSA, had cancelled tryouts because of low interest.    The rival club is still trying to find fields to practice and play on, and reportedly is going to introduce, this year, an extra fee of $1,500 per player to fund the raises that their Technical Director and various DoCs received, and to cover all the other costs of that club.    That is in addition to their highest in area registration fees/uniform costs. 

Tri-Cities FC will continue with tryouts over the next two weeks, to set up it's inaugural slate of teams.  This club is set up to provide for the underserviced "select" component of youth soccer in this area.   For years, 3Rivers treated select as a cash cow to support the premier type sides and ASE is focused on supplanting 3Rivers as the top club in the area.   Select level teams deserve both respect and support, for kids who want to play competitive soccer on a limited basis.   No 24/7, 365 live and breath soccer.   Instead a balance between soccer and other things in a kids life.     This is not disparaging those who want a 24/7, 365 soccer life.   I had one kid who did that, and supported him fully.  (and paid the $$$$).   

Tri-Cities FC has the full backing and support of the Tri-Cities Youth Soccer Association, and their infrastructure.   This will help prevent outrageous costs that can be seen elsewhere, and also prevent the cult of personality that prevents good governance and efficient administration that we can see elsewhere as well.   No Technical Director or Director of Coaching at TCFC is going to sign a "consulting contract" with an uniform supplier to get what amounts a kickback for forcing the club to buy overpriced uniforms and equipment.   When a rival club snatches up a coach whom TCFC told would be "on probation" for 2017-18, TCFC says bon voyage and good luck.  I sincerely hope that he works out and keeps his issues in check.

The future is bright at Tri-Cities FC, and the support that the T-CYSA provides for it ensures that it will be the low cost opportunity for select teams and players for the future.

EWDOC

• WPS Premier Poster
  • Joined 05/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: New(s) in the Tri-Cities
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:30:23 AM »

I heard the rumor being spread on the cancellation of the tryouts. Sad. I wish this new venture the best of luck.

ID014

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 18/04/2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:51:38 AM »

I think your post violates the posting requirements of this forum. Your post defames other organizations without any merit and with a sole purpose to smear other clubs. Why not just post good things you think TCYSA is doing rather than dragging others in the mud? What is your purpose for posting such blatant lies and misinformation about other organizations that you apparently know nothing about? Maybe you are the one in charge of TCYSA and are trying to hide in your post? If you truly believe what you posted then you should post who you are and what position you represent TCYSA on this forum. 

It would also be good information to post what TCYSA charges for field rates to use the facility they don't even own. Why doesn't TCYSA allow other clubs and/or sports to use the fields for practice at a reasonable rate? Why doesn't TCYSA allow shooting on goal during practice sessions? Why do the soccer fields sit unused during the summer months at TCYSA? Please open up your books on what you charge so others can make up their own minds.

In reality the soccer fields at TCYSA are more than double the rate of what they should be charging to use facilities owned by the City of Pasco but has a lease agreement with the City. Why doesn't TCYSA share what their lease rate is so all can see what their costs truly are. TCYSA has created a monopoly of field use under their terms which don't fit with any other sports club in the area all in an effort to create dollars for themselves. It appears that the charge rates for non-affiliated TCYSA clubs are trying to be made the cash cow for TCYSA. However, all it does it take away an opportunity for kids to be able to have a place to practice their love for the game and to also showcase their talents. Other sports clubs have relied on other City owned facilities to support their organizations. The only organization that has put a big dent into the sharing of City owned facilities is TCYSA.

Finally, your post doesn't even talk about what you are charging for Tri-Cities FC. All you do is defame other clubs with calculated lies and misinformation. Maybe you should post what your costs per player would be so people can make up their mind of what would work best for them. 

ForTheKids

• WPS-SpamKing Special Agent
  • Joined 09/03/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »

It would also be good information to post what TCYSA charges for field rates to use the facility they don't even own. Why doesn't TCYSA allow other clubs and/or sports to use the fields for practice at a reasonable rate? Why doesn't TCYSA allow shooting on goal during practice sessions? Why do the soccer fields sit unused during the summer months at TCYSA? Please open up your books on what you charge so others can make up their own minds.

Interesting take.  I've never seen an association use its relationship with a municipality to uplift the fees to its member clubs. If anything, I've seen the other direction, where it gets economies of scale to negotiate better deals for its member clubs OR it actually subsidizes them in certain instances.

If TCYSA is uplifting the fees, that would be a new one.  Easy enough to find out, Most associations are far more transparent than clubs in these matters so go for it!

soccerfan22

• WPS Select Poster
  • Joined 16/11/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »

Interesting take.  I've never seen an association use its relationship with a municipality to uplift the fees to its member clubs. If anything, I've seen the other direction, where it gets economies of scale to negotiate better deals for its member clubs OR it actually subsidizes them in certain instances.

If TCYSA is uplifting the fees, that would be a new one.  Easy enough to find out, Most associations are far more transparent than clubs in these matters so go for it!

Well, TCYSA really has no member clubs now, other than this new select club they have started. They voted ASE out long ago when their primarily 3R controlled board didn't like the competition and recently did the same thing to 3R for reasons EW64 has addressed on here in another thread. If you were a member club, you did receive cheap field use, even subsidized to a degree, however, once your voted out, its not pretty. In ASE's case, for many years, it was either we wont rent you a field at all or you will be charged more than is economically viable. This was all kicks and giggles for the 3R folks when they were the beneficiary and not feeling the sting of limited fields and field price gouging but now having been voted out also, they are sharing in some of the same joys ASE has dealt with for years. I have been told that TCYSA has a new, more tolerable field rate and rental agreement in place now that is quite a bit cheaper than what they previously had and is more readily available to any club. So Kudos to them on that. I believe the current board is trying to do some good things for soccer in the community but there have definitely been instances in the past where this wasn't the case.

ID014

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 18/04/2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 12:31:48 PM »

TCYSA Field Rental as posted on their website. Keep in mind you can't shoot on goal during practice. Also, this is a grass field with no lights. Sometimes the grass is mowed and sometimes it is a jungle.

Practice: $50/1.5 hrs (per team)
Games: $70/game
Snow Removal: $500/field

Most City owned facilities charge about $8 to $15 per hour for the same thing. If you want lights at other City facilities you get charged about $10 more per hour. Seattle area has a little higher pricing (synthetic fields with lights) but from what I have seen the Seattle area is cheaper than TCYSA.   

Are their fees justifiable?   

EWSoccer64

• Joined 07/02/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 01:09:52 PM »

As far as I know, the TCYSA - I am not an officer there of any sort - charges all outsiders the same rate.    The Tri-Cities FC teams will, believe, get 2 free practice sessions per week at the complex.   The costs are built into their player registration fee.   Which, I believe, is $400.   So is the goalkeeping coaching.   (Now that TCFC has introduced that, I expect other clubs locally to begin to do the same.  It is long overdue.)

The complex has been closed for a period in the summer for years, as I recall.    That is to keep the fields in good shape.   If fields are not rotated and rested, they end up in BAD condition.

Sounds like my first post really struck a nerve with the unnamed club, eh IDIO4?

ID014

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 18/04/2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 02:36:24 PM »

You really need to grow up a bit. Frankly, I am mad at myself for wasting my time with this but when I see a completely false information about other sports clubs that you know nothing about posted on a public forum you crossed the line. Stick to what you know and don't post blatant false information as that could be considered libelous, defamatory and/or slanderous.

What about a $100 raffle ticket requirement for each player so that TCYSA can look to purchase land and build their own facility? So is it $400 plus $100 for a total of $500?  Please clarify. 

Since TCYSA will have free practices are you betting on outside clubs to subsidize these free practices? How did free work out in your yearly line item budget? Are outside sport clubs being charged above and beyond what the costs are to maintain and operate the facility? Are outside sports clubs subsidizing the cost for TCYSA members? It sort of looks that way from what you have posted. Please clarify so there are no misunderstandings as it appears you are charging a premium for outsiders that live in the same community. Open up the TCYSA books and let the soccer forum know. I think this information would be helpful to other soccer organizations throughout the State to see what costs are in Eastern WA versus Western WA. At the end of the day it is all about the kids playing soccer from recreation to premiere.     

Squash

• Administrator
  • Soccer Soldier
  • Joined 01/09/2005
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • WPS-Soccer...The Pulse
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 09:00:27 PM »

Joey

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 05/01/2016
    Years
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 09:12:01 PM »

I sure would hate to be new to the Tri Cities and try and figure out what club to go with...what a mess.

ForTheKids

• WPS-SpamKing Special Agent
  • Joined 09/03/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 09:41:58 PM »

New is more fun!

EWSoccer64

• Joined 07/02/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »

You really need to grow up a bit. Frankly, I am mad at myself for wasting my time with this but when I see a completely false information about other sports clubs that you know nothing about posted on a public forum you crossed the line. Stick to what you know and don't post blatant false information as that could be considered libelous, defamatory and/or slanderous.

What about a $100 raffle ticket requirement for each player so that TCYSA can look to purchase land and build their own facility? So is it $400 plus $100 for a total of $500?  Please clarify. 

Since TCYSA will have free practices are you betting on outside clubs to subsidize these free practices? How did free work out in your yearly line item budget? Are outside sport clubs being charged above and beyond what the costs are to maintain and operate the facility? Are outside sports clubs subsidizing the cost for TCYSA members? It sort of looks that way from what you have posted. Please clarify so there are no misunderstandings as it appears you are charging a premium for outsiders that live in the same community. Open up the TCYSA books and let the soccer forum know. I think this information would be helpful to other soccer organizations throughout the State to see what costs are in Eastern WA versus Western WA. At the end of the day it is all about the kids playing soccer from recreation to premiere.     

The raffle ticket sale is just that, a sale, a fundraiser.  Like selling girl scout cookies.  How is your golf tournament going, by the way?  The TCYSA raffle is for a car.  Sounds nice, my wife would like a new car - as I keep being told. 
"premiere"?   TCYSA and Tri-Cities FC are not about premier  (to spell it the American way).    TCYSA is about recreational soccer and building youth soccer.  Tri-Cities FC is about select soccer.    We leave the "premiere" soccer to the other clubs.    And if the select players at your club do not like being disrespected and short changed and being forced to support your "premiere" program, they now have more options.   If that upsets you, too bad.

As far as I know, the books of the TCYSA are open and available to members, and available via websites and such and I know that they have been internally audited by a CPA.    But, pray tell, how much does your Technical Director make?   What is his contract with the maker/supplier of your uniforms worth?   How much does the rest of the coaching staff at your club make?    This sort of information would be helpful for those people who value ethics in choosing a club for their children, don't you think?  When was the last time your club made available to the public their line item budget and expenditures?

If you object to renting fields at the TCYSA complex, which was built by the TCYSA members, then feel free to rent someplace else.   Or are you part of the team that was banned from stepping foot on the complex for their racist behavior?   I heard that the parent club took no action against the team, coach or team manager involved.   Certainly shows the ethics involved in THAT club....

A club that offers discount or free practice fields to it's member teams is something you may scorn, but many people think that it is a good thing.  Particularly if you are part of a club that is about providing for the kids instead of making money for the people who run it.

Folks, before 3Rivers was kicked out of TCYSA for cause, it was heavily subsidized by 3Rivers.   Back then, they did not complain about the field rental fees for outsiders.  Now that they have to pay the same rate as ASE, La Liga de Pasco, the Columbia Basin Soccer Association (White Mens Soccer League - a disparaging nickname for the assn which includes coed and women's leagues, is run by volunteers, and provides a lot of fun soccer), and others, the 3 Rivers folks bleat like gelded lambs.   They apparently expected their privileged status to continue forever.

From what I am told, the TCYSA is fine financially without renting a field at any time to any other youth soccer club.   What you will be paying for your field rental will go to upgrades and the capital improvement fund.    But really, why are you bleating about costs anyway?   With what you guys are charging, you must be rolling in money.   Unless your coaching overhead is soaking it all up..............
Pages: [1]   Go Up