The Pulse of Youth Soccer in Washington State

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reign Pre Academy/ DA2  (Read 1514 times)

adv911

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 08/07/2017
    Years
    • View Profile
Reign Pre Academy/ DA2
« on: July 08, 2017, 08:14:41 PM »

Hi,
I am looking for info/ feedback on coaches for the Reign Pre Academy and DA2. What are your experiences?

Also, when and where do they practice?

Thanks

deldietch

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 02/06/2017
    Years
    • View Profile
Re: Reign Pre Academy/ DA2
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »

You mean Seattle united Copa teams.  Which age are you asking about, as the coaches have a wide variety of experience.  Collectively, I know most of these coaches, and they were very good with the kids in Seattle United Select.  I think the highest level one of them coached prior to this new assignment was Tango RCL 2 or 3.

As for practices, it's the A team.  So they practice all over the city of Seattle like all the other Seattle United teams. Younger teams practice at 5 pm, older at 6-7 pm.

Eastside RA2 would practice at Preston fields.  I do not know those coaches as well, but seeing as North Seattle players from Seattle RA2 chose to make the commute to Preston for the Eastside Teams instead of staying in SU, you can make your own conclusions.

I'd be more interested in knowing why every single coach involved with the Reign Academy is now gone.  Yes, there are some excellent coaches for Reign DA brought in recently.  But every coach involved with this program from Day 1 last year (2016), on both the Reign ECNL and SU Copa feeder team sides is either no longer with the club or not involved with the program.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:59:28 AM by deldietch »

adv911

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 08/07/2017
    Years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Sorry, couldn't log in for some reason.

It would be for '05. Looks like Dixon and Staunton for DA2.

Thanks.

deldietch

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 02/06/2017
    Years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »

Alex Dixon is a very good coach.  Very supportive, and one of the few coaches that understands paths of development and appreciates players with skills.

Pat Staunton is actually one of my favorite coaches.  He's from the UK, but a small chap.  He's very supportive of players that are developing and has never fallen into the mind trap of bigger is better.  We've never had him as a coach, but he has coached my Daughter and UK Elite camps, and he's come to her HS games.  My daughters move into the ECNL from starting in Select has a lot to do about his words of encouragement to her (and myself) and also his guidance on player work ethics, skill development, and persistence.  He's one of those coaches that remains an influence on the players, even after they leave the club.

His inspirational quote to my daughter at U13 Select was this "Nothing can prevent you from playing soccer and going as high as you want to be.  Other Coaches, parents, and players will all occasionally put up roadblocks, but you can never prevent a true player from playing the game.

Both would provide a solid experience at that age level.

KickGrass

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 24/06/2017
    Years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 03:15:58 PM »

Sorry, couldn't log in for some reason.

It would be for '05. Looks like Dixon and Staunton for DA2.

Thanks.

I would suggest going to the practices and watching them, but use caution if you bring your dd and want to stay low. 05 su parents are a very gossipy lot and rumors will fly. you can always call the coach and talk with him. i believe 04 da2 practices two times in seattle, mostl likey in
shoreline and two times in preston, but call to ask.

sounds like you are thinking about switch clubs. otherwise, you
would just call them and join a practice. if your dd is in pspl, then just ask for a practice.
different leagues, no conflict. if rcl, then i think you need to get permission from doc,
according to the rcl bullsh*t rules. good luck.

adv911

• WPS Poster
  • Joined 08/07/2017
    Years
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 11:11:40 AM »

Thanks for the info! I will see if I can catch a practice and game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up